IDES Global Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), IDES Global Ltd has a legal duty to ensure that any information we collect from you, or have stored about you, including from other sources, is properly protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We collect:
- Your name
- Your address, telephone number and your email address
- Other information relevant to customer business requirements
How is your personal data collected?
- Information you give us directly – either by directly calling us to enquire about our services, or by completing the online contact form on our website ides-global.co.uk
- Information we receive from other sources – a referral from another design professional you have already contacted who recommends our services.
You are not obliged to accept cookies and you may amend your browser’s settings to prevent it from accepting cookies if you prefer. Should you disable cookies, certain services on our website may not be available to you and you may be unable to take full advantage of the website.
What we do with the information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a quality service that fully matches your requirements, and in particular for internal record keeping. We do not hold any personal financial information, including bank account and payment card details, although we do keep a record of all invoices issued and all payments received.
Who might we share your personal information with?
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties. However, your personal details may be disclosed under the following circumstances:
- Sharing information with main or subcontractors and other design professionals who are involved in, or are being invited to tender for, your project.
- Details may need to be shared with the local council offices if your project involves Building Regulations.
- Your details may be passed to a collection agency in the event that invoices are unpaid and we need help to recover money owed to us.
- In relation to any insurance claim.
- Where it is necessary to prevent a threat to public health and safety or the safety of an individual, or during investigating or reporting any suspected unlawful activity.
We will only share the minimum information necessary in these circumstances.
Where your information is stored
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
Your information will be stored on our database which is currently hosted by a third-party provider, Hero IT Support, who will also observe best practice security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, improper alteration or unauthorised disclosure. IDES Global Ltd Systems may re-locate this database to another third-party without sending your prior notice but will always endeavour to ensure best data protection practice.
How long will we keep your personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for twelve years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
Access to your personal information
You have a legal right to see what personal information we hold on you. This is called a Subject Access Request. By law we have a maximum of one month to deliver the information from the date on which we receive the Subject Access Request. There is no charge to access your personal details.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly amend any information found to be incorrect.